In the upcoming year of 2020, Badan Pusat Statistik (BPS-Statistics Indonesia) will once again administer a grand event of Population Census 2020.
What is population census? you may ask.
The population census is the enumeration of the country’s total population in a certain period. In Indonesia, population census is conducted every ten years (every year that ends with 0) in accordance with UU No. 16/1997 about Statistics.
Why conduct Population Census?
Population Census is very important for the government to ensure a proper development planning for Indonesia. Population Census comes with a lot of benefits such as:
- determining the population growth rate
- determining the development of the number of population
- determining population distribution and density.
- determining population composition.
- determining the migration flow.
- planning the facilities and infrastructures construction.
Advertising Population Census
To increase public awareness of population census, BPS-Statistics Indonesia tries to socialize and advertise it in many ways such as the video below:
Regarding the benefits, I hope you guys are ready to participate and make sure that you are counted in June 2020.
As the tagline says “Anda tercatat, data akurat”.